Monday, September 08, 2014

Good News


I submitted a short story to Mud Season Review of Burlington, Vermont. It is staffed by members of the Burlington Writers Workshop, a free writing workshop based in Vermont. Yesterday I received word that I am being seriously considered for publication. I was given two pages' worth of revision via e-mail, when I have been methodically filling in bullet points, chapter headings, and general suggestions.

This morning I have made extensive changes in the draft, but expect to do even more with time. Another publication has indicated that it interested, but Mud Season's response is much more interested. It will be interesting to see what comes next. This draft has been through around five separate edits and I've been working on it for over a year. I'm a big believer in revision.

This week may be devoted primarily to this task, but I could finish up soon than expected. Thank you for letting me sharing this good news with you!

No comments: