Monday, May 18, 2015

Delays May Be Inevitable

I'm slated for jury duty on Wednesday, which is May 20. Either I will sit in a room for most of eight hours and go home, or I'll be selected to serve on a jury. In any case, if I am selected for jury duty, my absence from here may be as long as a week or two.

As I've been told, being called for jury duty is proof that you vote, because they use voting records to make their determinations. I'll have to reschedule a million things if I do end up serving, but I'll try to make the most of it.

While I'm thinking about it, I'm going to a Quaker young adult conference that runs from June 5-June 10, so I will be totally off the grid for the whole of that time. I'm glad I have the opportunity to take this much time off. Many participants don't have that luxury and have to leave halfway through. I can manage one or two of these a year, but I couldn't afford the time or the money to go to more than I do already.

No comments: